KPJ Damansara Specialist Hospital
Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH was commissioned in 1997 and received its first outpatient on 16th June 1997. The hospital is able to accommodate 50 specialist consultants and 250 beds. Currently, DSH has opened 139 beds with a group of 43 medical specialists to the public.
Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH has achieved the MSQH 3 year Accreditation for the second consecutive term. Doctors are friendly and staffs are trained in taking care and providing help to extend health at best possible way
MISSION"Deliver Quality Healthcare Services To Our Customer "
VISION"The preferred provider in healthcare services "
OUR CORE VALUESSafety, Courtesy, Integrity, Professionalism, Continuous Improvement
- Accreditation Award From MSQH
- Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH is 3rd Hospital in the KPJ Healthcare Group of Hospitals achieved the Accreditation Award from MSQH in year 2004
- Accreditation 2007
- Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH is 2nd cycle survey in accreditation 2007.
- Best Hospital Award
- Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH received Best hospital Award by KPJ Healthcare Berhad in year 2004
- Baby Friendly Hospital Award
- Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH is a Baby Friendly Hospital Award achieved in year 2004
- Enterprise 50 Award
- Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH achieved Enterprise 50 Award in year 2005
- ISO Achievements
- Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH achieved ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:1999 certification by TUV Rheiland Group in year 2005
- Asia Hospital Management Award
- Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH participated in the Asia Hospital Management Award in year 2006
- Productivity Award
- Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH achieved Productivity Award in Open Category by NPC in 2006
Professional: Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH has 43 Doctors , 225 Nurses, 215 support service and others staff.
Facilities: Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH provides a multi-disciplinary and holistic care, which includes a host of facilities such as:
- 24 Hours Accident and Emergency and Out-patient Department, 24 hours Ambulance services, 4 Operating Theatres and 1 Cardiac Operating Theatre, Cafeteria, Florist, Convenience shop, vending machines, Cardiac Center, Children's Play Area, Day Ward, Delivery suites, Diagnostic Imaging Centre complete with 1.5T MRI, Nuclear Medicine, 64 Multi Slice CT Scan, Ultrasound Bone Densitometry as well as conventional radiology, Executive Health Screening Centre and Wellness Clinic with treadmill, stress test system, ECG, Echocardiography and Lung Function Test.
- Intensive Care, Coronary Care and Neonatal Intensive Care with Hemodynamic and Ventilator Monitoring, High Dependency Unit.
- IVF or in vitro fertilization center.
- Laboratory for Full medical investigations 24 hours a day.
- Mother and Baby Centre with comfortable delivery suites and comprehensive nursery
- Nursery & Special Care Nurse
- Oncology Center
- Pharmacy with an extensive range of pharmaceutical items.
- Physiotherapy with a wide range of electrotherapy and exercise therapy for rehabilitation.
- Renal Dialysis Centre
- Severe Obesity Centre
- Sleep Lab
Other Services includes:
- Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH also provides services like Audiology, Day Surgery, Diabetics Counseling, Diet Counseling, ECG and Doppler services, Echocardiography, Endoscopic, Colonoscopy & Bronchoscopy Investigation, Pharmacy Consultation, Wellness Program or Health Screening Services, Home Nursing
- Damansara specialist hospitals offers, Anesthesiology, Bariatric Surgery or weight loss center, Cardiology and Cardiothoracic surgery or heart center, Dermatology or skin disease center, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, General & Colorectal Surgery, General & Hepatopancreatobiliary or liver and pancreas laparoscopic surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, General Medicine, Internal Medicine, Neonatology, Nephrology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Otorhinolaryngology or ENT, Pediatric & Pediatric Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Psychiatry, Radiology, Respiratory Medicine, Rheumatology, Urology, Vascular Surgery
Beds:Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH has139 Bedded.
Restaurants: Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH has one cafeteria and one coffee shop both located at ground floor.
Other:Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH has special facilities for its users, such as: Surau (Muslim prayer area) , Waiting lounge, rest rooms, pharmacy, Breastfeeding room, Florist, Newsstand, Wireless Broadband.
Activities:Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH is actively involved in increasing health awareness to the general public. Our Community Awareness Program consist of the following:-
- Health awareness campaign at Damansara Specialist Hospital, DSH and Off-Site such as shopping malls, schools, client's premises, and exhibition center. Health Exhibitions, Public Health Talks, Gotong Royong with Resident Association, Basic Health Screening like blood pressure checking, glucose testing, cholesterol checking, diet counseling and body fat analysis, Health days celebration, Anti-Dengue Campaign, Home Nursing Services, Visit to old folks home and orphanage
Tan Sri Dato' Dr. Yahya Awang
Tan Sri Dato' Dr Awang is Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon at Damansara Heart Centre, Damansara Specialist Hospital in Selangor, Malaysia. He is also chairman of the National Transplant Registry and a council member of the Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of Asia
Dato' Dr Haron Ahmad
Consultant General Surgeon who specializes in Advance Laprascopic Surgery including Lap Band, Bypass, Sleeve and Anti Reflux Surgery.
Dr. Abdul Malik Mohamed Hussain
Dr Abdul Malik is a graduate of University Malaya, 1983. Founder member of the Asia Pacific Association of Athroplasty Surgeons (APAS). This is a new association which had its first meeting in Brisbane Australia, which is aimed at Asian surgeons as a forum to discuss the needs, requirement ...
Dr. Paul Wizman
Consultant Surgeon at KPJ Damasara Specialist Hospital. Specializing in Laparascopic Surgery including Lap Band, Bypass and Sleeve.
Dr. Roslan Abdul Rahman
Dr. Roslan Abdul Rahman obtained his Bachelor of Dental Surgery from University of Malaya in 1994 and Fellowship in Dental Surgery from Royal College of Surgeons England in 2000. He is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon currently working in Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia. His interest is in ...
Medical Tourism Articles
- Affordable Healthcare For All
- Smart Choices for Dental Tourism
- Parameter To Gauge The Growth of Medical Tourism Industry
- Advance Medical Procedures Through Medical Tourism
- Medical Tourism Malaysia / Wellnessvisit.com
Medical Tourism News
- 27 Sep 2010
CARE FOR THE SICK IS STILL THE MAIN AIM
- 08 Nov 2008
Health and medical tourism will boost growth: Datuk Liow Tiong Lai,
Minister of Health
- 30 Oct 2008
Number of Egyptian tourists rise by almost 50%
- 24 Oct 2008
PIDC keen on promoting dental tourism
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to make a contact?
- What can my local doctor do for me?